As you move forward on your own home improvement journey, there are so many things to take care of. Whether it’s the floors, the walls, or the furniture, there’s always something that could be better. What you might overlook, however, is the home lighting decor. The home lighting design, and lighting fixtures themselves, significantly impacts your overall home decor.
I put together a list of lighting design tips for you to think about if you’re planning on fixing or updating your home’s lighting design.
- Think about how you cover your lamps. If a shade you have sticks out for simply being bland, don’t hesitate to replace it! There are plenty of options out there ranging from the subdued to the ornate, so you’re guaranteed to find something that works for you.
- Pay attention to the wattage of the lightbulbs in your fixtures. Higher wattage lightbulbs will be brighter, but they might not cast the most ideally flattering light. In such a case, a lower wattage might be better, but it’ll take your judgement to decide which is best for your particular situation.
- Find a place to shop with a variety of home lighting decor solutions. One example would be Valley Lighting, a home lighting Connecticut based store.
- Update and replace old lights. Some fixtures might have parts that are simply too worn to produce the desired results; you might notice an old fixture that flickers or is simply dimmer than it’s supposed to be. After confirming it’s not an issue with the bulb, see if you can get it fixed. If not, you’d be best off if you replace it.
- Lastly, do your best to go green with light bulbs! You may pay more up front, but you’ll save more in the long run and your home will consume less energy!
Those are all of my tips for now! In regards to my last point, here’s an interesting video about going green with your bulbs.